Senior Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer (Automotive / CATIA)
Salary: £42000 - £45000 pa
Location: South England
My Client is a leading tier 1 manufacturer within the automotive industry.
Technically responsible for new product assembly development from concept to production.
• Responsible for the daily management of allotted design resource designing products to ensure that fully developed cost effective designs are produced to agreed time scales.
• The designs are to be manufactured in volume production by the company and suppliers, utilizing all necessary CAD and other technology.
• Ensure that prior to commencing work on any new product that an agreed detailed specification, BOM and timing plans are raised and agreed by the Project Team
• To originate new product proposals for consideration by the company management.
• Check with the company engineer patent aspects of all new designs prior to any discussions outside of the company to establish that they do not contravene competitor’s patents and that the company can obtain patent cover to protect its ideas.
• Constant liaising on all designs with customers, suppliers, toolmakers and other internal teams to meet agreed specified dates.
• To ensure that all new designs are fully discussed and agreed with Manufacturing, QC and other relevant departments.
• To effectively lead the team at all times. Arrange appropriate meetings to ensure internal customers are kept up to date with any changes regarding design, external customers concerns etc.
• Ensure compliance to QS 9000. TS16949 and ISO14001 procedure.
• Ensure that you comply and adopt the 5S programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
• Experience of 3D CAD - CATIA5
• HNC Mechanical Engineering (minimum qualification)
• Automotive or Aerospace background
• Ability to take innovative concepts to practical solutions
• Component design experience
• Knowledge of ISO14001/TS16949/ISO14001
• FMEA, DFM, DFA , VE, VA
• Previous experience of customer / supplier liaison
• Experience of the total design to manufacturing process
• Thorough knowledge of injection mould tool design
• Full UK Driving Licence
To Apply: Please send your CV to – email@example.com
Tel: 01905 368168
Real Time Consultants are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy.